- Baby Boomers and Social Bookmarking Can You Digg it or Do You Stumble? PT.1
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers-Different Strokes for Different Folks Pt.2
- Social Bookmarking For Baby Boomers-Digging Deeper into Digg Pt. 5
- Social Bookmarking for Baby Boomers-What is BibSonomy?
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers- Browsmi Pt.3
- 10 Top Reasons Why Baby Boomers Bloggers SHOULD NOT Use Social Bookmarking
- Social Bookmarking for Baby Boomers-Digging Deeper with Digg Pt.4
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers-Blog Comment Before Bookmarking
- How to Add Custom Characters to Your Blog Post
- Baby Boomers and Ebay Collectors and Sellers
I have discovered 10 Top Reasons Why Baby Boomers SHOULD NOT even think about using Social Bookmarking. You may disagree with me and that is your blogging boomer right but let me know why. So, here are my reasons:
Blogging Baby Boomers have a hard enough time blogging and posting in social networking sites like Facebook and Orket, so who has time, during pre and post retirement, to post to social bookmarking sites?
Most baby boomer bloggers only blog to entertain themselves or for therapy. Who cares about promoting an expertise, service or product when most of them are fishing, or baby sitting grands?
Social bookmarking sites are a waste of time when all you have to do is use the FAVORATES in Internet Explorer and BOOKMARKS in FireFox. ( Who caresabout Safari or Opera, etc because most boomers are on PC’s right?)
Baby Boomer Bloggers are not as smart as the generations before them. They will have a hard time keeping up with the passwords to all those extra sites.
Most Baby Boomer Bloggers can’t see the SHARE BUTTONS.
It has been said by critics of baby boomers that they are selfish. So why should the want to share good information, articles, products, music,videos, etc with others in their friend networks that they find on other bloggers sites?
Who said Baby Boomers had friends. If they join a network who will they talk to?
Most Baby Boomers no longer say “Hey can you Dig it?”
Aunt Bea, in Andy Griffith, Macgyver or the Snurfs never used social bookmarking.
Baby Boomers probably came up with those strange and scary names for the social bookmarking sites like the ones below. Who will trust those sites to be for nerdy boomers, scholars, business folks or artists?
If you disagree with me GREAT!! Join me on my Facebook Fan Page and let’s continue the discussion. Also, I dare you to join at least three(3) of these sites. Let’s work on it together.