- Baby Boomer Blogging-Were You Born a Blogger?
- Baby Boomer Blogging-Were You Born a Blogger Pt.2
One of the real reasons I started this series was to capture other stories from baby boomer bloggers. But now I am really thinking about those things that motivated me to blog.
- I wanted to become a professional blogger.
- I wanted to earn passive income from blogging and other internet strategies.
- I wanted to be able to add to my pension.
- I wanted to be able to help others in need via blogging.
- I wanted to be around more and not on the road speaking away from my mom since I am the only child and I am her” assisted living.”
- I wanted to help my husband sell his artwork online
I STILL WANT THO KEEP THESE DREAMS SO I HAVE MADE THEM GOALS
Ray and I decided to take an eight week webinar training in the evenings. These were great date nights. We would eat dinner then sit at the dinner table around the lap top or downstairs around the desk top with speakers turned high as we listened to Jeannette Cates talk about starting a business online.
Now we were already primed by other internet gurus we like and admire. But this series by Cates promised to help us set up our own website! I admit I thought it was going to be a static site and I would learn more about Dreamweaver. But before we knew it we had jumped into deep water and was swimming with WordPress.org. Oh my, that was the program that looked so hard on the VTC training that I decided it was far easier to stick with Blogger.
But it was too late. We were assigned to create this WordPress.org site and host it. We did it. We are glad we did.
Later as, as time went on, we went deeper with WordPress.org with the guidence of my friend Cathy Perkins, the infamous WordPress Wizard.
Ray and I were not born bloggers. But as baby boomers we were determined to learn. We now have many blogs and still learning.
What about you? What is your blogging story? Please, Please share. You can post as a comment or just email the story to me using rhspeak(at)aol.com
If we get enough stories we will publish them in an ebook to share with others
I started blogging so that I wouldn’t blow up holding all those thoughts inside…but I share many of your goals. I’m just starting out, but someday I would like to have lots of followers and be able to add to my retirement income too. Whoever figures it out first, let the other know! 🙂