- Baby Boomers and Social Bookmarking Can You Digg it or Do You Stumble? PT.1
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers-Different Strokes for Different Folks Pt.2
- Social Bookmarking For Baby Boomers-Digging Deeper into Digg Pt. 5
- Social Bookmarking for Baby Boomers-What is BibSonomy?
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers- Browsmi Pt.3
- 10 Top Reasons Why Baby Boomers Bloggers SHOULD NOT Use Social Bookmarking
- Social Bookmarking for Baby Boomers-Digging Deeper with Digg Pt.4
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers-Blog Comment Before Bookmarking
- How to Add Custom Characters to Your Blog Post
- Baby Boomers and Ebay Collectors and Sellers
Did you know that a Teddy Rooselvelt Marble sold on Ebay for $4,500?
I just saw a great blog established by Ebay for collectors and buyers of collections. It is called Ebay Collectors. The blog shares collector items that have sold as well as tips for purchasing an item to add to your collection.
I was more than impressed to see that Ebay designated a blog specific for this market group. I am also excited when I read about the prices that some of the collector items have fetched.
Now, note that the site does not have the comments currently open so I cannot suggest you go and post your insights or questions. Ebay has other great resources for answering your questions. In addition you can email them your questions. But the blog is a gold mine for baby boomer collectors who are on Ebay or want to purchase a collector item from Ebay.
Notice that the header is simple with just the logo and tabs for seven (7) pages. This makes navigation pretty easy for folks not used to blogs. Also, there is currently only one social bookmark for Digg and social network interfaces for Facebook and Twitter.
However, the very fact that those three options are available makes for powerful blogging. I am certain that it will expand as Ebay goes deeper and deeper into social media.
Note also that the Twitter feed is in the sidebar and tag cloud is extensive. If you think the comments should be open then shoot them an email. But as a blogger you also know how much work is involved in maintaining a blog. For now, you can always follow them on Twitter to ask questions.
This blog is still very new and it pays to keep an eye on how it progresses. I just love it when businesses expand and use the power of blogging. I also relish the appreciation for collector items that baby boomers know so much about.
If you are not currently on Ebay but want to get started here is an excellent starter resource. Of course there are a lot of books out there on Ebay but this particular author has 35 books to her credit. It is easy to read and chuck full of information.
Love this! Great article, love your blog!
Oh this is nice, I’m a baby boomer too! Thanks for posting, good info here. I usually open a few different tabs when I visit an interesting site so I am off to read more from you thanks :
Thanks sooooo much for stopping by
Pingback: Wall Heater