Before you start blogging decide on WHY YOU ARE BLOGGING! What is your objective? There are so many reasons why people blog. Some of them I have run across are listed below.
- To be seen as an expert in their niche by current and potential customers.
- To systematically write a book with a series of postings
- To rant about issues.
- To be the “go to person” for the latest updates. (For example, gossip about entertainers, news, etc)
- To provide a platform for others to discuss common interests.
- To share information gained on a new area of interest.
- To earn money via ads, affiliates, product sales, memberships, coaching,etc
- To direct traffic to a static website.
- Because non-boomers are blogging we do not want to be left out.
I did not cover every reason but please feel free to share more. Make a comment below.