- Baby Boomers and Social Bookmarking Can You Digg it or Do You Stumble? PT.1
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers-Different Strokes for Different Folks Pt.2
- Social Bookmarking For Baby Boomers-Digging Deeper into Digg Pt. 5
- Social Bookmarking for Baby Boomers-What is BibSonomy?
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers- Browsmi Pt.3
- 10 Top Reasons Why Baby Boomers Bloggers SHOULD NOT Use Social Bookmarking
- Social Bookmarking for Baby Boomers-Digging Deeper with Digg Pt.4
- Social Bookmarking and Baby Boomers-Blog Comment Before Bookmarking
- How to Add Custom Characters to Your Blog Post
- Baby Boomers and Ebay Collectors and Sellers
When I first started using Digg I would merely sign in to be able to Digg an article I liked. But like most baby boomers reading this post, Sometimes you want to go deeper so it makes sense. You also go deeper so you can see how relevant it is to your blogging.
Here is Wikipedia’s definition of Digg.
Digg is a social news website made for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the Internet, by submitting links and stories, and voting and commenting on submitted links and stories.
Digg is supposed to be one of the best ,biggest and baddest social bookmarking sites out there right now. If you know how to treat it, you can get amazing floods of traffic regularly. However using just their homepage and simple techniques like I have done aren’t enough.
Some Applications to Consider that Can Help You Go Deeeeeeper into Digg.
Just like Google has labs so does Digg, The labs provide a deeper view of Digg. A lot of materialf gets submitted to Digg every day, so good things can sometimes easet past you. Labs projects look beneath the surface of the Digg community’s activities. Here you can find several tools to make browsing and digging more fun as well as analyze internet activities. Oh, if you want to get to it from the site just go down to the very bottom and you will see it in tiny letters. Put your glasses on.
So, I just checked out Swarm. Very cool. Go play for minute or two.
Now this application is not for the faint of heart. Actually, if you have a little anal retention going on or simply love analysis you are going to love this tool.
This application provides detailed analysis, graphs and statistics allowing You to understand how many comments, diggs, friend diggs etc. are needed to hit digg front page. Analyze, what’s really happening on digg’s front page.
Now, you can go and play here for some more minutes. I will discuss some more applications in the next post.
Some Digg Applications You Can Consider