- What Does a Good Blog Post Look Like?-Heidi Caswell
- What Does A Good Blog Post Look Like?-John Hayden
In part two of this series I want to feature a blog post I saw by John Hayden. The post is titled; How Facebook turns active users into community managers – without paying a dime (video)
The following points, in my opinion, make this a good post:
- An engaging picture that draws you into the post
- An engaging title that clearly tells you what the post is all about
- The inclusion of the word VIDEO. When this title is seen in the search results some may select this post if they are more visual learners.
- A good pre-video narrative that explains what you are going to view in the video
- A well done and SHORT video that leaves you with memorable bit-sized content that is easy to chew
- Good font size
- Header (2) size sub-headings which increases the ease of reading
- Excellent action steps after the video
Now that is this baby boomer’s opinion, what do you think?
What do you think?
I think your suggestions are right on, as always!
You’ve shared some of your wonderful ideas with me and I do try to incorporate them when I write a post. The one I need to pay special attention to is font size as the default size for my blog is too small. But I’m learning, Rosie, I’m learning!