Social Networking is hot in the blog world. For baby boomers this means that if you want to share this network you might want to check out where you are in the world of social networking. But STOP, WHAT IS A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE?
I like defining social networking as a way to network online vs offline. Social networking sites create groups that share common interests or affiliations, upload videos, and hold discussions in forums. PLUS MORE!
There are about 500 social networking sites out there. But not all of them are popular. I read about a really cool site for you to check out that will give you some idea of how activity you already have in some of these sites and not even know it.
Social Meter checks some of the more popular social bookmarking sites to see how many links are pointing to your site.
SocialMeter is a quick, easy and visual way to determine how much (or little) impact your site is making through various networking sites. I strongly suggest visiting each site that has links to track down where they may be coming from. And for the sites that do not have any action, Well get some action on those sites if your are interested.
Note that if you just posted some pages a lot depends on how quickly the sites may add new sites to their databases.
So have fun and let me know what you find out.
Hi, Rosie! Guess what. We’re playing blogger tag and — you’re it!
I’ve Been Tagged by a DIVA Too!
My sister Diva, Debbie Stevens http://freesiafever.blogspot.com/ tagged me with a “meme.” I have no idea! Look it up. That’s why God created Google! I thought that was Chinese for little sister. Hey, it fits!
I have to post six unimportant things about myself and then tag six other non-suspecting bloggers to participate. Sounds confusing, but fun.
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Six Unimportant Things About Me:
1) I love all vegetables except hominy. Love grits, just not hominy. Patooey!
2) I like to feel the satin ribbons on the edge of blankets.
3) I got kicked out of ballet and put into gymnastics to save my life (I’m clumsy)
4) I can’t breathe when I hear bagpipes.
5) I’m in the Bowling Hall of Fame for making the big four split.
6) I love to tuck a sprig of rosemary behind my ear.
I know you’ll have fun with this!
Rosie, I found your post on the socialmeter useful and tried a few of my fav social stops there. I think it’s a good tool to use if you’re wondering which sites rank high and might be a wiser decision to spend time on, as apposed to other up-and-commers out there, of which there are too many. Thanks for the resource!
I appreciate your knowledge so much! Thank you for your expertise being the kind of woman who is on the move and making a difference in the lives of those of us who are still trying to make sense of it all.