Scribd is new, now and not to be passed by! This is the information directly from the site.
What is Scribd? Scribd is a free, web-based, document sharing community and self-publishing platform that enables anyone to easily publish, distribute, share, and discover documents of all kinds. E-books, presentations, essays, academic papers, newsletters, photo albums, school work, and sheet music are just a few of the different kinds of documents you can publish and share on Scribd.
What are some of the features?
- Upload documents in many different formats, including Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, plain text, HTML, PowerPoint, Excel, OpenOffice, JPEG, and more!
- Embed your documents in a blog, Facebook profile, or other external website with your fonts, images, and formatting fully intact
- Host a document at Scribd with its own unique URL
- Unlimited storage – upload as many documents as you like
- Your choice of one of four uploaders that best suits your needs
- Fast indexing by Google and other major search engines will ensure that your content is easily found by just about everyone!
- Keep certain documents private or share with a limited number of friends
- Automatically convert published content into PDF, Word, and plain text
- Analyze your viewers by location, Google referral, and more
- Find documents similar to yours
- Receive feedback and comments from Scribd’s community
- Retain full document copyright or make your documents available under Creative Commons licenses
- Create a profile and make new friends and fans
- Explore the hundreds of thousands of documents that have already been uploaded by Scribd’s community – browse by category and tags, use our full-text search tool, or just browse by what’s popular – it’s up to you!
How much does it cost?
Right now it is FREE. So go over it will take you all of 2 minutes to set up an account. You can also develop a private group to share documents. It has a lot of potential for exciting things. And yes, they also have a blog.